Mar 3, 2011

Words of Life

Hi all, sorry for the MIA. Hihi.. It's been a busy day for me last few days because now I'm preparing for my "big day" so I need to go for a course and get ready for anything. But, today I'm not telling u about this but just want to share some thought n words that I read from today Daily Gospel.

So today Daily Gospel is from Mk 10:46-52
"Then they came to Jericho. As Jesus and his disciples, together with a large crowd, were leaving the city, a blind man, Bartimaeus (which means “son of Timaeus”), was sitting by the roadside begging. When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” So they called to the blind man, “Cheer up! On your feet! He’s calling you.” Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus. “What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked him. The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.” “Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road."

Here is the sharing that make me really love about today gospel:-

The Chinese word for busy consists of two characters (look at the below picture): 
the one on the left refers to the heart, while the other one on the right means dead. When we get so busy that we forget our heart, we "die" and become no different from the animals. Those two characters in Chinese are pronounced as "mang", which can also mean "blind". 

Again, blind consists of two characters (look at the below picture):
the one on top is the same as the character on the right in busy, that is dead, and the one below means eye. I may be healthy and with nothing wrong with my eyes, but because I am so busy, my heart is "dead" that my eyes are unable to see what is essential in life.

No comments: